We are only a few days into the New Year and this is where sometimes people need the most help with their goals and visions for starting the year off right.
I wanted to leave you guys with a tip that might help keep you on track for the rest of the month, year, or your life.
For many years now, especially since Hurricane Sandy rolled through in 2012, I’ve been taking my thoughts of progress and putting them down on paper.
It helps me keep an eye on what I really want for myself, my family and my gym. I carry them around with me in a little notebook so that I can read them to myself throughout the day.
Even when stuff happens in life that doesn’t really seem desirable, reading your goals can get you back on track.
Here is one that helps me every day and I read it with conviction, morning and night.
“My mind is the main tool in this campaign of life, it is strong, it is sharp and it adapts to any situation.”
When you write your own goals or affirmations down, use these key elements:
It should be only 1 sentence but state what you want to achieve as clearly and concisely as possible.
1. Personal– it might sound selfish if somebody else reads it, take pride that you are enhancing yourself to enhance the world around you
2. Positive -describe what you are seeking. State the things you want in life, not the things you don’t want.
3. Present tense– state it as if it is already taking place it’s natural for your body to want to catch up with your mind.
4. Achievement– state the end result replace the words “I can”, with “I am”.
5. No comparison– compete with yourself, not other people you want to grow for more significant reasons than just to beat someone else
6. Action words– use connotations that provoke you to get up and get things done-“quickly”, “choosing”, “growing”
7. Emotion words– use words that state how you want to feel positive emotions is what you want to feel when you read it to yourself
8. Accuracy- be clear and exact-don’t be vague, have a timeline
9. Balance– for all aspects of your life set goals for your business/financial, personal and family
10. Vivid– be as detailed as possible
Remember, imagine with all your mind, believe with all your heart, achieve with all your might.